Terms and Conditions for Computer Based Exams (CBEs) 2018
- AIM Academy is only responsible for Accountant in Business (F1), Management Accounting (F2) and Financial Accounting (F3) computer based exams. Otherwise, exams must be booked for through MyACCA.
- The student is solely responsible to register with ACCA and the Malta Institute of Accountants and settle any outstanding fees prior the exam. Students who book for the exam and fail to do so, will not be refunded. The ACCA can be reached on [email protected] and the Malta Institute of Accountants can be reached on [email protected]
- Exam bookings can be submitted once the exam timetable is published.
- Exam applications for CBEs must be submitted by not later than 7 days prior the selected exam date/s. No application forms will be accepted after the closing date.
- Bookings by telephone or e-mail are not accepted. Students must fill in and sign the application form. Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
- In the case of payment by bank transfer, students must send the application form via e-mail to [email protected] together with a proof of payment of the transaction.
- In the case of payment by cheque, cheques must be made payable to AIM Professional Academy Ltd.. The I.D. card number and mobile number must be written at the back of the cheque. Students may either post the application form together with the cheque to AIM Professional Academy Ltd., Suite 4, Level 1, Tower Business Centre, Tower Street, Swatar, BKR 4013 or hand it over to the school coordinator at Lower Ground between Monday to Friday from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
- Payment can be done by cash, cheque or card by visiting our offices between Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- The exam fee of €100 applies to AIM students and non AIM students.
- Exam cancellations or postponements are accepted up to 7 days’ notice prior the selected exam date/s against an administration fee of €30. Students who fail to cancel or postpone the exam later, will not be refunded. Students who do not attend the examinations due to sickness or any other reason will not be refunded.
- AIM allows a maximum of 8 bookings per exam session. Bookings are on a first come first serve basis, and is subject to confirmation from the AIM Administration Centre.
- Should the number of students per session be insufficient, AIM reserves the right to cancel that session and students will be informed accordingly.
- It is important to note that an exam can only be restarted providing that the cumulative downtime caused by the PC failure does not exceed two hours. Students must not be allowed to leave the exam room during the two hour period. During the two hour period, students must not be permitted to talk to each other, communicate in any way, or have access to their personal belongings with the exception of those permitted at their desks.
Students are expected to be at the examination venue half an hour prior to commencement of exam. Students must bring their I.D. card and ACCA registration number on the day of the exam. The student’s identity is checked by the invigilator, further validity and eligibility checks are carried out, and then the invigilator instructions will be read out prior the start of the exam. The instructions will not be repeated to those who arrive late.
- Students without ACCA minimum entry requirements are obliged to obtain the Diploma in Accounting in Business within the FIA qualification in order to be transferred to the ACCA qualification.
- Students who achieve F1/FAB, F2/FMA, F3/FFA and complete the Professionalism and Ethics online module will be awarded the Diploma in Accounting and Business.
- ACCA sections; Knowledge, Skills, Essentials and Options must be achieved in the respective consecutive order.
License number. 1999-TC-201 Higher Education Institution Further and Higher Education programme MQF/EQF Level 7