AIM Professional Academy introduces the Award in Accounting for non-Accountants. The course is accredited by NCFHE equivalent to MQF Level 5, and is being processed to be part of the Get Qualified Scheme whereby students can apply to receive 70% of their course fee back.
The course is delivered by Mr. Clayton DeGiorgio.
The price for this course is €700. The course is part of the Get Qualified Scheme. Get 70% of your fees back!
Who should book?
The course is primarily for those professionals such as managers, and non-financial students who, although are not accountants by profession, do need to know some basic finance and accounting due to the nature of their work. This course will also act as a foundation course for those beginners in accounting such as accounting assistants and accounting clerks. This course will help students who are not accountants to get the basics of accounting in preparation for:
- Their future accountancy qualifications they may wish to undertake
- Non-financial managers and business-owners who require a better and basic overview and understanding of how accounts work
The course will not lead to a warranted accountant, however it will also act as a foreword and curtain-raiser to the accountancy routes through other possible accountancy qualifications.
- Minimum two O-Levels: English and Mathematics
- Or a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within an office administration (private or public) organisation
The course is covered over 30 hours and is split into 3 main parts:
- The Annual Accounts – By the end of the first part of the course, the students will be better able to understand the purpose of statements and the principles which act as a foundation to their working and preparations.
- Financial Recording
- The Profit and Loss Account
- The Balance Sheet
- Cash flow statement
- Accounting for Different Business Organizations
- Management Accounting – By the end of the second part of the course, students will be better able to understand terminology and techniques that any manager confronts in Management Accounting. Students will be more aware of how to plan and control resources; including knowing how to evaluate and budget the running costs and any other costs associated within a strategy or decision making of any department or business.
- Costing Basics
- Costing and Pricing
- Marginal Costing
- Standard Costing
- Financial Management – By the end of the third part of the course, students will have been introduced to and have better knowledge in the techniques of financial management, with attention to the cost of capital of any organizational strategy and business; operations and process for capital investment.
- The Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Appraisal
- Budgetary Control
- Financial Ratios
The course will be assessed by a 3 hour written examination. This exam will be split into three parts:
- Section A: 25 Marks of Multiple Choice questions
- Section B: 25 Marks in a simple computational problem
- Section C: 50 Marks in essay format
The pass mark is 50%.
The course will be running at AIM Professional Academy.